Practicalities: how to join, uniforms, health forms

Where will scouting take you? Service Project: home renovation for Asylee Women Enterprise   Camp Henson: Fellowship 

Scouts and Adults: please register online

Scouts: Uniform

When you can, please go to the Baltimore Scout Shop (800 Wyman Park Drive, Baltimore, and buy a uniform, uniform patches and Scout book. 

The required parts of the uniform are a 

  1. Scout Shirt (we recommend the short sleeve / quick dry shirt)
  2. olive green pants/shorts (quick dry is helpful, official BSA pants are sharp but are not required. REI sells a nice convertible pair of olive pants, with zip-off legs to make shorts)
  3. merit badge sash
  4. slide and neckerchief (black neckerchief with white edges). 

Optional parts of the uniform (sharp, but not required)

  1. olive socks
  2. belt (scout belt, high adventure belt, outdoor sporty belt or leather belt)

The scout shop staff are very knowledgeable and will help you get all the patches you need for the uniform - just tell them your scout is a new member of Troop 635 and they will do the rest. 

Badge placement guide 

  1. page 22 of scout book
  3. on the flip side of the Badge Magic instructions and on their website
  4. uniform inspection sheet   510-784(23)-Scouts-Uniform-Inspection-Sheet (1).pdf

We recommend Badge Magic (available at the scout shop) to affix most of the patches to the uniform (but you can also sew them). 

We recommend that you loosely sew the following badges instead of using Badge Magic

  1. your badge of rank (left breast pocket) since this will change as you progress through the ranks (scout, tenderfoot, 2nd class, 1st class, star, life, eagle). 
  2. your right sleeve patrol patch (Ranger, Stallions, etc) since patrols change
  3. your badge of office (Patrol Leader, Quartermaster, Scribe, etc) since roles change

Class B shirt: for scouts, parents, leaders

Show your Troop 635 pride during casual events: see ASM Margi Fiore

Health Forms: required for all scouts, and any adult attending a camping event

Please bring completed health forms (parts A and B, plus a copy of your health insurance card and immunization record) to the next meeting or campout, or email a pdf copy to the scoutmaster. No physician's signature is needed. 

Parts A and B: follow the "for all scouting events" link

To attend summer camp (or any event >72 hours long), you will also need part C (which has to be signed by a physician/nurse practitioner who has seen you within 1 year), found at "are you going to camp" link

Ice Caves: Maine High Adventure   Portaging around waterfall: MaineIce Skating; White Marsh

ATV Safety Course: Henson

Cold Weather Backpacking training hike, building a fire, and cooking lunch by the stream, Camp Cone

TroopTrackHQ, LLC 51 E 3900 N Vineyard, UT 84059
TroopTrack TroopTrack is not affiliated with or endorsed by Boy Scouts of America, Girl Scouts of the USA, Baden Powell Service Association, Trail Life U.S.A., or Scouts Australia. Any usage of BSA, GSUSA, TLUSA, or SA terminology on this site is for informational purposes only and should not be interpreted as an endorsement of this product by any of these organizations. © 2008 - 2024 TroopTrackHQ, LLC. All rights reserved